Hell is real 🔥🔥🔥 the underground
Wow, when I hear the words “London underground” it makes me think of an old song….”going undergrounddd 🎵🎶”. Let me tell you the actual underground isn’t as uplifting as that song….It’s actually a very depressing, murky and dull experience.
I don’t think I have ever experienced anything like it before to be honest, starting with the escalators. If you don’t stand to the right you run the risk of being trampled, climbed upon and swore at! Since when did people ever become in that much of a rush they get abusive? I was actually in shock when someone actually told me too “fucking move” 😳. I was actually pretty embarrassed, like I should have knew to stand to the right….through some magical and mysterious globe!
Anyway onto the actual tube line I was shocked at a few things!
- People will literally push you out the way with force. Now I’m a 19st guy but my god these whoppers can really move you.
- The train goes fast!!! There is a faded yellow line which is pretty close to the platform and let me tell you these people are bang on that line. Now, when that train comes past at speed I don’t know how they don’t get blew over! Maybe it’s a skill that’s grown over the years!
- When you’re on the train it’s a terrible experience. It is exactly as it says on the tin….a full speed train , in a tube …underground! When the train is whizzing between stops my anxiety was actually through the roof. My hands were pumping sweat!!!
- Getting off is just as hard as getting on! People will not move to let you off, they have a genuine fear that if they got off they ain’t getting back on. I literally had to push my way past a man who just didn’t move. He was the most emotionless person I’ve probably witnessed, not an expression or movement….thinking about it, it actually could have been a mannequin.
Ok so my advice is this
- Avoid the tube at all costs! London is ‘apparently’ one of the greatest cities in the UK (I’ve been a few times now and I’m yet to see the fascination. So take a walk, see the sights and avoid hell.
- If you do have to get the tube dont go during rush hour. This does help, people will still trample you it’s just there’s less of them so you are more unlikely to be walked upon.
- Put earphones in, the distraction helps! The noise of the tube whizzing is a sound of it’s own and if you are like me your mind will go into overdrive if you listen to it!
Feel free to post and comment your life saving techniques on on the tube 👍